A Full Moon and a night that is functionally longer because of the time change is an exciting time to celebrate Halloween. The Coca-Cola Space Science Center will be open 10/31/2020 with some special Halloween flair! Come in costume for your entry time of 10am, 12pm, or 2pm for our family-friendly 90 minute program!
For those at home, we have gathered some ideas or anyone who wants to put a space-y twist on their celebration!
One of the best parts of Halloween is dressing up! You can create a costume that shows your love of space with one of these designs:
- Make an astronaut helmet from a paper bag: https://www.ccssc.org/diyastronauthelmet/
- Dress as your favorite planet: https://spaceplace.nasa.gov/planet-masks/en/
- Design yourself into a telescope: https://asd.gsfc.nasa.gov/blueshift/index.php/2015/11/12/space-crafts-making-a-james-webb-space-telescope-costume/ or https://asd.gsfc.nasa.gov/blueshift/index.php/2015/11/30/space-crafts-making-a-hubble-space-telescope-costume/
You can decorate a pumpkin or two!
- You can make a marvelous creation like a NASA Engineer: https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/edu/learn/project/create-a-halloween-pumpkin-like-a-nasa-engineer/
- Painting or Carving a space design makes a great display!: https://spaceplace.nasa.gov/pumpkins/en/ or https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/features/spacePumpkin.html
Use your imagination to think about monsters in space and spooky sounding places!
- NASA found some spooky places for you to see in their Galaxy of Horrors: https://exoplanets.nasa.gov/alien-worlds/galaxy-of-horrors/
- Where might monsters want to make their homes? NASA takes a look at the best places for some of your favorite monsters to live: https://exoplanets.nasa.gov/news/1466/halloween-special-universe-of-monsters/