CLOSED JAN. 18 for Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Sat: 11 am to 5 pm
Children (4-10): $6
Under 3: Free
Columbus, GA 31901
Welcome Space Explorers
We, the staff at the Coca-Cola Space Science Center, love space! We cannot wait to share our enthusiasm with you. We are open Monday through Saturday. We suggest ticket purchases in advance here. Walk-ins are welcome based on availability. Please see below for tour and planetarium show schedules. To fully enjoy our museum, make sure you plan time for:
Staff-led tour of Georgia’s largest collection of NASA Space Shuttle artifacts
A flight to the ISS aboard Space Shuttle Odyssey
Test your piloting and driving skills on interactive exhibits
Explore exhibits featuring Apollo memorabilia
Buy some swag at Stargazers Giftshop
March Omnisphere Theater Shows
Earth, Moon & Sun
Coyote has a razor sharp wit, but he’s a little confused about what he sees in the sky. Join this amusing character (adapted from American Indian oral traditions) in a fast-paced and fun fulldome show that explores lunar phases, eclipses and other puzzles. Engaging and immersive, Earth, Moon & Sun™ also examines how humans learn through space exploration.
Phantom of the Universe
From the journey of protons racing through the world’s largest particle collider in Europe to up-close views of the Big Bang and emergent universe, and the nearly mile deep descent to an underground experiment in South Dakota, this new planetarium show is designed to immerse audiences in the manifold search for dark matter.
Shows subject to change without notice.
701 Front Ave. Columbus, GA 31901
Due to the current public health crisis, we have altered our operations to create a safe environment for our guests and staff. To assure social distancing and proper sanitation measures, will be engaging smaller groups of visitors, on a much more intimate and in-depth level, with timed experiences. This new mode will allow guests to explore the Center more safely. Please read all the information carefully so that you will know what to expect.
- Please do not visit the Coca-Cola Space Science Center if you are sick, exhibiting fever, or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19. Guests exhibiting these symptoms will not be permitted to enter the CCSSC.
- Wear a mask or proper face covering at all times.
- Maintain social distancing (6 feet of distance, no handshakes or physical contact) while inside the facility.
- Signage reminding visitors of proper precautions, including wearing face coverings and maintaining 6-foot social distancing, is posted upon entry and throughout the facility.
- A maximum number of guests are permitted inside the Center so that proper social distancing can be maintained.
- Common surfaces and touchpoints are disinfected regularly.
- Hand sanitation stations are posted throughout the gallery for guest use.
- Interior signage is in place on floors and at ticket & gift shop counters as a reminder of proper social distancing protocol for patrons who are waiting in line.
- Restrooms are cleaned and disinfected regularly.
- Where theater seating occurs, non-cohabiting patrons must be seated at least six feet apart.
CCSSC sanitation and safety protocols are aligned with those of Columbus State University and the University System of Georgia. They also have been developed under advisement from the American Alliance of Museums and the Association of Science and Technology Centers.