Holiday Update: We are OPEN Saturday, July 3rd, and CLOSED Monday, July 5th in observance of Independence Day.
Sat: 10:30 am to 5 pm
Children (4-10): $6
Under 3: Free
Columbus, GA 31901
Welcome Space Explorers
We, the staff at the Coca-Cola Space Science Center, love space! We cannot wait to share our enthusiasm with you. We are open Monday through Saturday. We suggest ticket purchases in advance here. Walk-ins are welcome based on availability. Please see below for tour and planetarium show schedules. To fully enjoy our museum, make sure you plan time for:
Staff-led tour of Georgia’s largest collection of NASA Space Shuttle artifacts
A flight to the ISS aboard Space Shuttle Odyssey
Test your piloting and driving skills on interactive exhibits
Explore exhibits featuring Apollo memorabilia
Buy some swag at Stargazers Giftshop
Earth, Moon & Sun
Coyote has a razor sharp wit, but he’s a little confused about what he sees in the sky. Join this amusing character (adapted from American Indian oral traditions) in a fast-paced and fun fulldome show that explores lunar phases, eclipses and other puzzles. Engaging and immersive, Earth, Moon & Sun™ also examines how humans learn through space exploration.
Shows subject to change without notice.
July Omnisphere Theater Shows
Turn back the pages of time and witness the ancient wonders of the world as they have not been seen for thousands of years. Then explore the seven natural wonders of the universe.
Showtimes: Monday – Friday: 10:30 AM & 1:30 PM. Saturday: 1Pm & 3PM
Join us for this fictional look at what a future Mars mission may look like as space reporter Miles O’Brien guides you through the first human mission to Mars. A daring 1000 day mission to fly an international crew to Mars and return them safely to Earth. Many hurdles will have to be taken in order to succeed. Embark on the greatest adventure of the 21st century and unlock the secrets of the new world!
Showtimes: Monday – Friday: 12pm & 3pm. Saturday: 12Pm & 2PM & 4pm
Sesame Street: One World, One Sky (Weekly Children’s Show)
A brilliant spectacle of light and color as our furry friends watch the stars twinkle over Sesame Street. Children attending the show can interact by drawing constellations and counting the time it takes the sun to set. This show aims to nurture a child’s natural curiosity about the night sky.
Showtime: Saturday at 11 am
Shows subject to change without notice.
701 Front Ave. Columbus, GA 31901
Per University System of Georgia policy, vaccinated people are no longer required to wear masks on Columbus State University’s campus. Staff members are not allowed to ask guests whether or not they are vaccinated.
Due to the current public health crisis, we have altered our operations to create a safe environment for our guests and staff. To assure social distancing and proper sanitation measures, will be engaging smaller groups of visitors, on a much more intimate and in-depth level, with timed experiences. This new mode will allow guests to explore the Center more safely. Please read all the information carefully so that you will know what to expect.
- Please do not visit the Coca-Cola Space Science Center if you are sick, exhibiting fever, or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19. Guests exhibiting these symptoms will not be permitted to enter the CCSSC.
- Wear a mask or proper face covering at all times.
- Maintain social distancing (6 feet of distance, no handshakes or physical contact) while inside the facility.
- Signage reminding visitors of proper precautions, including wearing face coverings and maintaining 6-foot social distancing, is posted upon entry and throughout the facility.
- A maximum number of guests are permitted inside the Center so that proper social distancing can be maintained.
- Common surfaces and touchpoints are disinfected regularly.
- Hand sanitation stations are posted throughout the gallery for guest use.
- Interior signage is in place on floors and at ticket & gift shop counters as a reminder of proper social distancing protocol for patrons who are waiting in line.
- Restrooms are cleaned and disinfected regularly.
- Where theater seating occurs, non-cohabiting patrons must be seated at least six feet apart.
CCSSC sanitation and safety protocols are aligned with those of Columbus State University and the University System of Georgia. They also have been developed under advisement from the American Alliance of Museums and the Association of Science and Technology Centers.