Next week, on May 27th, 2020, NASA will be sending American Astronauts from American soil up to the International Space Station for the first time in 9 years! The Crew Dragon Astronauts have sleek looking suits to head up in the Space-X Falcon Rocket to keep them safe on their travels. You can make your own helmet with just a few items from around your home!
1. Print and cut out PATTERN for armholes
2. Open bag and trace pattern on each side
3. Cut out traced pattern from grocery bag
4. Turn bag so that the front faces you. Cut out a 7 ½ inch circle approximately 3 ½ inches from the top of the bag
5. Tape the plastic plate around the complete perimeter, both inside and outside of the bag (if you do not have a plastic plate, a stiff plastic sheet will work. Do not use grocery bags).
6. Decorate the helmet according to your imagination! Make a patch, draw a solar system, etc.!
You can download the PDF of this activity by clicking or copying this URL:
Did you enjoy this activity? Please let us know and send an e-mail to us at email@example.com